Many office workers easily spend hours upon hours in a chair. This begs the question, what type of chair are you sitting in back at home? Sitting for prolonged periods of time can add stress to your spine, as well as to the structures of your body.
Sitting in a bad chair for a longtime can lead to headaches, back pain and neck pain. Not only that, but poor ergonomics can contribute to pain in other areas, such as your buttocks, arms, legs, hips and hands. This is why you need a chair that offers proper support for your lower back.
Good ergonomics will also promote good posture. You need a good chair at work, but also at home. Think about it, many people spend hours on their devices while at home.
There are a lot of different types of chairs you can buy. There isn’t one specific kind of chair that’s the best, but there are certain things to look for in a chair. Take a look at these Relax the Back furniture reviews.
Continue to read on to find out what features you should look for in a chair.
Features To Look For In A Chair
- Height Of The Seat – The chair should be easy to adjust. You need a chair that allows you to keep your feet completely flat on the floor.
- Seat Depth & Width – The width and depth of the chair should provide you with enough support so you can sit comfortably. You should be able to sit right up against the chair’s backrest. Furthermore, the chair should be able to tilt forward and backward.
- Lumbar Support – Sitting for prolonged periods of time without proper support can typically lead to slouching. A good chair will provide you with good support. This is why you want to choose a chair that has a lumbar adjustment, that way you can get the support your lower back needs.
- The Backrest – You should be able to adjust the backrest. It should be able to go back and forth.
- Materials – The material the chair is made of is important. Materials should be durable and comfortable. You wan to be able to sit on the chair for long periods of time, and still be able to remain comfortable.
- Armrests & Swivel – The armrests should have the option to be adjusted too. Not only that, but the chair should rotate with ease. If a chair can rotate easily, that way you won’t strain when you reach across areas of your desk.
Those are the features to look for in a chair. The key is to take your time to compare as many ergonomic chairs as possible before settling on one. Good luck on shopping around for a chair to support your lower back.