The more I learn about this new service being developed by StumbleUpon, the more psyched I get.
If you haven’t heard of StumbleUpon, they are one of many social bookmarking websites, but they are unique in the fact that they offer users the ability to just browse or “stumble” through a never-ending list of sites recommended by other users. Pretty cool idea.
I read about their new product, called SU.PR (pronounced “super”), from the blog of Tim Ferriss (the author of “The 4-Hour Workweek”).
Well apparently SU.PR will allow users to do the following:
- Submit their content to StumbleUpon’s 7.9 million users with each post
- Have their best content showcased in a right-hand sidebar for each page that’s linked to (here’s an example)
- Get suggestions for optimal posting times: get more traffic per post
- Schedule as many tweets or posts as they want, for any time
- See their click-through statistics in real-time
- See retweets for each post, including the biggest influencers (with rankings)
- Post to Twitter and Facebook at the same time, with more platforms to come…
- Use their own short URL (i.e. www.mysite.com/abc123) instead of something like bit.ly
Dang, that sounds pretty bad-ass. Apparently Tim said while testing SU.PR he started receiving up to 10% of his unique traffic from it, and got 24,000 visits to a single post in 24 hours. Holy smokes!
Here’s a sample of the SU.PR dashboard:
Well if you’re excited and want to get in on the action ASAP, they’re giving out free beta testing accounts for the next few weeks. Here’s how to get one:
- Go here http://su.pr/
- Click “request one” if you don’t have an “invite code”
- Follow StumbleUpon on Twitter to get the code when they periodically release new ones