This is what I use for submitting my sites to website directories. I know there’s a debate about how useful “directories” are for improving search engine ranking, but it’s hard to argue with the benefits of getting a bunch of 1-way backlinks for free.
Some people complain that directories are a waste of time because “they’re sooooo 1999” (ie. Web 1.0) and not hip and trendy like social bookmarking sites. I don’t subscribe to that jazz.
Here’s the features that I like about Directory Submitter:
- Ability to see and sort by Google PageRank in the list of available directories (there’s 350!). I only choose the ones with PR of 4 or higher.
- Can create a “project” for each of your sites and submit them all
- Tracking of which directory you’ve submitted each site to
This is the shit that annoys me:
- When you delete a directory it re-appears in the list the next time the app opens
- No way to just sit back and let the submissions happen automatically; you have to manually change between directories and projects
The complaints above may simply be because I’m too much of a cheap-ass to buy the full version so I’m stuck with limited functionality. Anyways, I haven’t found anything better yet, but if you have let me know!