Here’s a few of my favorite FireFox Add-Ons, in no particular order:
- Holy shit is this ever a MUST HAVE Add-On for everyone
- Allows you to save one or more windows (containing multiple tabs) as a “Session”
- Tracks the state of your windows and tabs if FF crashes
- Keeps a history of all closed windows, in case you accidentally close one (I do this quite often)
- Allows you to embed an instance of Internet Explorer inside of a FF tab
- Super handy for viewing how your site would look in IE without having to open the app
- I actually use this mostly for keeping two Gmail sessions active: personal email in an IE Tab, work email in a normal FF tab
- Displays the Google PageRank for the active URL
- Useful when you’re busy worrying about SEO and backlinks and all that fun stuff
- Tons of functionality in this bad-boy
- I primarily use it when looking at Google search results to get metrics for each result such as PR, Google Cache Date, Traffic Value, # Diggs, # Stumbles, Twitter Rank, and various other details.
- One-click easy enable/disable in the FF *system tray* (whatever the heck that’s actually called?)
- If you enable this Add-on, when you’re browsing webpages, it will highlight hyperlinks in different colors to indicate the dofollow / nofollow status
- Definitely useful when promoting your site on directories, blogs, forums, etc.
- Adds a button in FF near the address bar
- Makes it very easy to share sites with your favorite Web 2.0 social networking, bookmarking, blogging, and email services.
- Works with over 60 services such as StumbleUpon, Delicious, Diigo, Google Reader,…
- Allows you to easily sort your bookmarks
- I wonder why the heck FF makes it so difficult to search ALL folders and bookmarks alphabetically?
If anyone has others that I missed and likely don’t know about – please leave a Comment!